Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day, a good day to labor

Levi was a super champ in PT and OT today, well at least that is what it felt like to me. As I was rejoicing in the slightest movement in his left hand or rather finger I felt so proud of him and hopeful for the road ahead. I mean this is the first intentional movement I have witnessed and it was so good to see. During the few moments when he was sitting independent of my support and didn't realize he was sitting on his own because he was leaning forward, reaching to pop bubbles, I was secretly thinking, "you are doing it!!! you are doing it!!!". Of course, I couldn't risk pointing that out to him, as he may decide the bubble game was over and he'd much rather lean back on me. I had to be content in keeping my praise focused on popping silly bubbles over and over again. I wonder if he thought it was odd that I was apparently so excited that he was popping bubbles, with all the clapping and cheering and such. Anything to keep him motivated.

A few shots from the last few days.



These beautiful girls are our next door neighbors, affectionaly known in our house as the "girls" or better yet "my girls" according to Kade. I'd say they are on the short list of Levi's favorite playmates. Today, he loved getting to spend some time with them and it was fun to see him so comfortable and happy.


Sorry for the poor photo quality, but I liked this shot of Casey (Levi's and Kade's Uncle), Kade, Dan and Levi. They are watching a very funny truck song and all of them enjoyed the moment. This shot also gives a clear shot of my little Levi's belly . . . ya, not so little anymore.

Levi (photo below) just finished yet another ride with his aunt Kelsey, you can tell from his grin that he loved it. They got to bond a lot this weekend, as Dan and I got to spend 2 nights away from Levi's bedside and she took the shift. Now that is love.



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Kara! What a wonderful blessing!

    Annie Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just picture the scene in therapy that you described. So precious. Was praying today that God would really meet Levi and that His presence would be sensed as comfort, love and courage. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna tickle that little belly! Love this post! Hope to keep reading about continued progress! -Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so faithful. The smile on his little face is so full of promise. He's on the mend. Praise Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly stated Amy Ali. Tears of joy to hear about his progress and the hope is evident!! Cheering your kids on for bubbles or anything is just what our Father in heaven does for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brings a smile to my face! Thank you for sharing each little miracle :) XO
    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!!!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so good to see that sweet with that tiny little mouth curled upward :) smooches to you all, love to see him progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Levi is looking better every day. We have been praying for him and you and your family daily. Your daily blog is so helpful in knowing how to pray. Keep posting and if nothing else, post pictures. We'll continue praying daily! But we are very much encouraged.

    Jerry and Jodi

    ReplyDelete