Friday, August 19, 2011

Turing the corner

Levi is very stable today: not temperature, easy breathing, calm heart, decreasing swelling in face, both eyes almost open, left side strengthening...

Clears eyes, full heart, can't lose!

That is the road we are on, ever up and ever forward. The prayers of many are being heard and Levi is getting stronger. In this brief update I leave you with a variation of the poem "Invictus". I do not mean to be over dramatic, but in the unknown that lies ahead, "I lift my eyes up to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." Psalms 121:1-2

Invictus...my version

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I am thankful to my God
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have winced and cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
You Lord are the master of my fate:
You are the captain of my soul.

6 comments:

  1. There are so many prayers being said for precious Levi, my 6 year old daughter and I just got done saying a prayer. May God continue to give you strength through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy he is doing better! I'm continuing to pray that he keeps moving in the right direction toward full recovery and am praying for strength and endurance for all of you. I'm sure it's really starting to wear on you being at the hospital for so long. Take one day at a time. Love the Friday Night Lights reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful for his health! We will continue praying! Can't lose!

    Lins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am continuing to follow Levi's recovery and am in awe of his strength and your strength as parents. You all inspire me. Please know that I am sending hope and prayers and that you are on my mind often even though we don't know one another. Keep fighting little man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your version of Invictus - so powerful! Still praying for Levi from our corner of Oregon...

    ReplyDelete